Sunday, August 22, 2010

That Face

I can hear my voice reverberating as far as the deepest part of the woods outback. The echoing voice sounded aggrieved and indignant. It was full of hatred and unfathomable hint of pain. It was scary. It was undeniably the voice of a woman full of great despair.

He, on the other hand was staring back at her… perplexed. His face was white in total confusion but has a tint of panic. He was totally petrified. 

For the first time in 3 years of being together, I have never seen his face so scared.

For the very first time in 3 years of living together... I finally found my voice.

And for the first time in 3 years... I love what saw. And I love what I heard.

3 comments:

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

Did she just fight back? Did she just give it to him? Oh I hope she did..No man or person is above another human..Some thinks they have all the power in their hand. What an intriguing read!

purple said...

Yes Mumsy... she had enough and finally found the voice and was able to say what was in her heart. It was indeed liberating.

MJ said...

none of us will ever forget the day we found our voice. i know you will never forget that moment. it must have felt liberating indeed to be able to express yourself finally.. and to see the fear in his eyes as a result. i knew you were a strong person from the start. you always had that fire burning deep inside. that same fire will carry you through any trial that comes your way .. it will help you win any battle you have to fight. of this, i am sure.