Friday, August 13, 2010

The Naked Face

I live a blissful life.

I was raised well by two wonderful people who gave me everything I need with some bonuses and perks on the side. I was educated in the best schools and went all the way without having to work my ass like other kids of my age who were cleaning tables and thrash bins at McDonalds to pay their way to college.

Though I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth, I was handed with some benefits on silver platter. I get what I want without struggle. I was spoiled rotten by grandparents and was the favorite niece of uncles and aunties. Life was good and I was used to it.

Growing up, I had my fair share of heartbreaks and pains but none was too significant to make me a loner. I partied like an animal but stayed away from drugs. I graduated with flying colors and climbed the corporate ladder with ease. I traveled the world and watched sunsets and sunrises from different horizons.

Life is good... until 2007.

4 comments:

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

Ah you left me hanging..Life changes as we grow, isn't it? I have a feeling that change is not good. Can't wait to read more.

purple said...

@Mumsy... yes, the change is something she has never imagined in her life.

MJ said...

looks like you were off to a good start! you were blessed to have the opportunities that were so graciously handed over to you. i'm happy to hear you had the chance to view sunrises and sunsets from different horizons. not all of us have such luck! i want to hear the rest of your story. when you said, "life is good ... until 2007," that made me think that your life story started turning "colorful" around then. so yeah, the suspense is killing me:) hurry up and share more!

Self Sagacity said...

thanks for visiting my blog, and commented bravely. :-). I am really liking what I've read so far. It also looks like I am with good company with my friends Mumsy and Judy here, so I am in...so to speak. New follower, I would like to know what happened in 2007.